Professor Dr. Kakhaber Djakeli is a key marketing scientist in the field of branding and brand auditing, also in wine marketing and political branding. Mr. Kakhaber Djakeli was a scholar of German Academic exchange service DAAD, in different periods, in 1997-1998 years he during DAAD scholarship made his Doctoral Dissertation in Germany-Leibniz University Hannover and in Georgia – Tbilisi State University.
In 2004 Mr. Kakhaber Djakeli was invited to Hanover Leibniz University as a guest professor. In 2006-2007 Kakhaber Djakeli as a Fulbright Scholar, was invited to the USA, to Yale University to write his concept in Health Reforming Management. In 2009 Mr. Djakeli was invited by DAAD as a guest professor to Germany. Being in Germany Djakeli organized seminar at the faculty of Insurance studies under tuition of famous German economist – I.Mathias Graf v.d. Schulenburg.
Returning back to Georgia Kakhaber Djakeli continues to be program coordinator of Marketing at International Black Sea University in Tbilisi. He also delivers courses in Georgian University and American University for Humanities. Mr. Djakeli frequently gives interviews to Georgian televisions about economic and market developments. He writes a lot of articles and participates in Georgian community of DAAD Alumni’s.
Dr. Kakhaber Djakeli is the President of Georgian -European Marketing Association(GEMA).
Recommendation to Professor Kakhaber Djakeli, given by his supervisor, tutor and doctor father, famous German scholar, economist Professor Dr. I.MATHIAS GRAF v.d. SCHULENBURG, 2015. HANOVER, LEIBNIZ UNIVERSITY.
|NAME||Pr. Dr. Kakhaber Djakeli||Dates|
|CONTACT||In Georgia, Tbilisi – International Black Sea University, Agmashenebeli avenue 13 km. room 315|
House Address in Georgia: Kutuzov st. 20, apt 14, 0170 Tbilisi E-Mail:
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 15 , 1967 Tbilisi, Georgia|
|MARITAL STATUS||Married, two daughters – Tamara and Tina|
|I. Tbilisi State University, Department of Economics, specialization Economist|
II. Post graduated courses
III. Doctor Degree – PhD
IV. German Academic Exchange service (DAAD) doctorates fellowship - University of Hanover, Institute of Insurance and
Health Economics - IVBL invited by Pr. Dr. J-M Graf v.d. Schulenburg.
V. Professor of German Academic Exchange Service – field of research “Health economics and Reforms of national
health systems in poor countries” DAAD in Hanover University - Invited by Pr. Dr. J-M Graf v.d. Schulenburg.
VI. Fulbright Professor (awarded by Fulbright program of the State Department of the USA) at Yale University (Yale
University School of Medicine – field of researches – International health financing the role of investing into human capital),
invited by the State Department of the United States of America.
VII. (DAAD) Guest professor of German Academic Exchange Service – at the institute of Insurance Business Administration
and the centre of health economics of Hanover University – invited by Pr.Dr. Mathias Graf v.d. Schulenburg.
|September 1984 - July 1991
January 1993 - July 1996
September 1997 - September 1998
September - December 2004
September 2006 - January 2007
|PUBLICATIONS||The author of international programs and government strategies:|
1. NATIONAL BIODIVERSITY STRATEGY AND ACTION PLAN (NBSAP)- GEORGIA 2005 TBILISI ISBN:99940-716-6-1.
Supporters: World Bank, NACRES, Fauna and Flora International, UNDP. Author of Economic and Finance Strategy.
1. K. Djakeli (2004) "New Economic Methods to the Safety of Biodiversity and Agricultural Development in the Eastern
Georgia", Tbilisi: Publishing House - Georgian Humanitarian Institute of Health Economics and Insurance with
sponsorship of "Horizont" Foundation.
2. K. Djakeli (1999)" Basics of Insurance Economy" Tbilisi: Metsniereba Press.
3. Djakeli - Insurance Economics, 2009
4. Insurance and Health Economics 2009.
Articles and Conference Articles:
1. Djakeli (2011 Silk Road International Conference Publication): The Health Care Reform of Georgia influenced by Milton
Friedman’s ideas and The New Role of Health Care Financiers, Insurers, Providers, Controllers and Patient’s Rights
Supporters and Government to organize the managed competition in Health Care Market
2. Djakeli (2012 IBSU Journal of Humanities 1st band) Matrix of Brand Awareness and a Positive Image as a
Success Factor in Political PR.
3. Djakeli (2011, Via Egnatia international Conference ): East-West Economic Vulnerability Revealed by World
Financial Crisis and Failure of Russian Economy
4. Djakeli (2010, Silk Road International Conference Publication): New Teaching Approaches in Human Capital
Economics According Methods and Experiences of Yale University
5. Djakeli (2012 European Business Conference EBES). The Time for Human capital Economists is Coming
6. Djakeli, Tshumburidze (2012, Krakow University of Economics – World Business Congress) Branding Problems
In Georgian Political Market
7. Djakeli (2002 - N65) "Important Ways for Development of Health Economics", Publishing House: Center for Strategic
Research and Development of Georgia. ISSN1512-0813
8. Djakeli (2002 - N68) "Revenues of Georgian Commercial Banks", Publishing House: Center for Strategic Research and
Development of Georgia. ISSN1512-0813.
9. Djakeli (2002 - N64) "Economic and Social Aspects of Unemployment", Publishing House: Center for Strategic Research
and Development of Georgia. ISSN1512-0813.
10. Djakeli (2001) "Health Economy of Georgia and New Ways of Health Financing", International scientific magazine -
"Macro- and microeconomics", Georgia, Tbilisi.
11. Djakeli (2001 - N63) "Biodiversity Safety by applying to present economic approaches and methods", Publishing House:
Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia. ISSN1512-0813.
12. Djakeli (2001 - N50) "Georgian Health Care System and Alternative Methods for its Financing", Publishing House: Center
for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia. ISSN1512-0813.
13. Eighteenth Annual World Business Congress
14. The most attractive country for investment-making
15. AmCham Promoting US-Georgian Ties
16. Branding Problems of Georgian Political Market - Speech at KRAKOW UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS during VII
World MBA CONGRESS
17. Speech at UEK
|From 1999 - to 2006|
|SPECIALISATION||Field of specialization – Health care Reforms in Poor Countries, Expert of Macro Economics, Health Economics and|
Environmental Economy, Risk Insurance, Human capital economy- investing strategies into health, social Marketing.
|PROF. EXPERIENCE||- Tbilisi State University – Lecturer|
- Ministry of Health Care and Social Security – Head of Department of Health Marketing and Price policy CSRDG (NGO)
- Centre For Strategic Research And Development of Georgia - Head of VG on Economy, finance and social policy
- Georgian Open Humanitarian Institute of Health Economics and Insurance (NGO)
- Head of Caucasus health policy group.
- Caucasian Stock Exchange - Member of Board of Directors
- Georgian Humanitarian University – Vice Rector
- Hanover University – Head of Tran Caucasus Health Insurance monitoring group
- Lecture of Environmental Economy, Marketing, Banking and Health Insurance economy – German speaking faculty of
Justice and Economy – Technical University of Georgia
- Marketing Director - “Tiflis Wine Cellar” – Akhasheni Wine Company of “Dionis Club”
- Lecture of Economics, Marketing and Business, - In English speaking international University in Georgia “Black sea
- Full Time professorship at International Black Sea University IBSY
- Selected for FULBRIGHT fellowship to research in Health Economy at Yale University (USA)
- FULBRIGHT PROFESSOR AT YALE UNIVERSITY – School of Public Health. 60, College street, New Haven, Connecticut
06510-3210-60; Telephone at Office: (203) 785-2861 / Fax: (203) 785 – 61193
- Sarke Consulting co-Strategic group
- Professor at Georgian University
- Coordinator of Marketing Programs at INTERNATIONAL BLACK SEA UNIVERSITY
- Visiting professor to Leibnitz University Hanover Germany, at the faculty of Insurance Business administration
- The member of the committee of authorization of high educational institutions
|February 1994 - April 1996
January 2000 - April 2001
January 2001 - July 2002
May 2005 – to present
April 1991 - February 1994
September 1998 - to present
March 1998 - April 2001
October 1998 - March 1999
September 1999 - to present
November 2003 - to present
September 2005 - to present
May 2006 - to present
2007 - 2009
2011 - to present
|TRAININGS AND SIMPOSIUMS||- House of Leibniz Hanover “Risk development in Georgian economy”|
- University of Hanover – “Probability of Biodiversity in some of regions of Georgia and It’s Economic and Social Problems”
- IMDA CONFERENCE: Risk Management Concepr.
- VIA EGNATIA – Vulnerability of Russian economy, International Political Branding.
- SILK ROAD CONFERENCE in BATUMI 2011
- VII MBA CONGRESS AT KRAKOW UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS 2011
- Rome, La Sapienza Conference 2013
- IPMC – International Political Marketing Conference at Stockholm University, Stockholm Sweden, having speech.
|29 December, 2009
11 January, 2013
19-21 September, 2013
|TECHNICAL SKILLS||Windows, MS Office, etc.|
|LANGUAGES||Georgian - native, Russian - scientific excellent, English - scientific speaking, writing excellent, German - scientific excellent.|
|REFERENCES||Available upon request.|